Saturday 17 September 2011

Curious... coincidence or not? The knife nick

Earlier in the week I read a newspaper article about a woman who stabbed herself with a knife whilst slicing an avocado. Next day she is on the operating table with some potentially fatal infection and gets a plaster cast for her pains. Seemed pretty amazing to me (and her) that a little nick with a knife could do so much damage. Apparently she nicked the tendon sheath.....

So should I have been surprised when yesterday i sliced through my finger nail with a knife? Different injury, different activity (bacon not avocado) but still a knife.

I know that when we identify something as interesting or important then our brain stops that deleting trick it has and starts paying attention...but this is silly. Surely my brain should have been  paying attention to not slicing my finger?


I don't know the answer. I just know it hurts and is really making my typing inaccurate and slow.
Still I think the phrase 'be careful what you wish for....' should maybes be 'be careful what you think about...'

I'll be better tomorrow.

Casserole was nice when we eventually got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment